7 Reasons to Fix Your Sinking, Unlevel Concrete Slab
1. The problem will get just get worse over time. Once a slab is cracked, it only gets worse, and as it gets worse, guess what? The solution costs more.
2. Resale Value. Who wants to purchase a home that has an unlevel driveway, a stoop pulling away from the home, a sidewalk or floors that are cracked and sinking? Nobody.
3. Appearance. Concrete that is out of level can often cause ugly cracks not only in the slab itself, but also in any structure that is resting on top of that slab.
4. Safety. Have you ever taken a walk on a sidewalk and tripped over a section of concrete that was different level than the rest? Those trip hazards can be dangerous and open you up to unwanted liability.
5. Water Intrusion. Cracks in a concrete slab allow elements from the outside, inside.
6. Pooling Water. As concrete cracks and settles, it creates a perfect environment for water to pool, and what happens to that pooled water when it becomes cold outside? Ice forms, causing more safety concerns.
7. Structural Damage. As concrete slab beings to crack and settle, the structure above will crack and settle as well. This can cause doors to stick, windows to bind, and other structural damages throughout your home.
To schedule your free estimate today, call us.