How do homeowner’s know if there is a major concern with the floor system of their home? Below are signs that will allow homeowners to become more aware of their sagging floor concerns and when it’s time to call a professional.
- Sloping floors, in some cases, gaps will be created between the floor and interior walls.
- Interior wall cracks and gaps around door and window frames, caused by a wall sinking along with the floor.
- Doors that stick, have been planed in order to close or will no longer fit the frame.
- Large gaps between existing girders and columns or piers in the crawl space.
- Shimming between existing columns and girders in the crawl space (sign of previous repair attempts that has failed).
- Evidence of moisture, wood rot (from pests or moisture), and compression of the floor joists.
If your home is showing signs of floor system settlement, Tar Heel Basement Systems can help! Call our office today for a no obligation, FREE estimate.