What makes a basement smell like one? Mold.
A dehumidifier is the plain answer on preventing your basement from smelling damp, musty and moldy. But not just any dehumidifier will do the trick.
Why Household Dehumidifiers Just Don’t Do the Job:
– The units are too small.
– The cold coil (the actual thing that takes the water out of the air) is too small.
– The fan does not circulate the dry air around your basement –because it is also too small.
– Most household units are not self-draining and will cut off when they become full. Often times the homeowner will need to empty the water pail daily. What happens when you’re out of town and unable to empty the dehumidifier?
The Tar Heel Dehumidifier offered by Tar Heel Basement Systems:
– High capacity, high-efficiency dehumidification system, with air filtration.
– Energy Star rated.
– Self-draining System
– Air is blown over the large cold coils.
There is simply no comparison between household dehumidifiers and the Tar Heel Basement Air System. With no water leaks and dry basement air, you can now use your basement for storage without the worry of your belongings becoming ruined by mold.
No smell, no mold, no property damage.
If you’re interested in upgrading the air quality of your basement, call our office.