Owning a home can be a part-time job in its self, but having an unhealthy crawl space below your home can cause more work for homeowners.
Below is a list of things to remember when owning a home with a crawl space:
– Don’t put a vapor barrier or rigid insulation board on the ceiling of your crawl space.
– Don’t close vents without sealing the earth in the crawl space.
– Don’t seal the earth without closing the crawl space vents.
– Never use a fan to blow outside air into your crawl space.
– Never use a fan to blow air out of your crawl space.
– Don’t install a liner or vapor barrier without removing the organic material such as wood, cardboard, insulation from the dirt floor first.
– Don’t depressurize a space that has combustion
– Do not run your dryer vent into the crawl space. appliance(s) (more than one Pascal).
– Don’t ignore problems!
To learn more about how to keep your crawl space healthy, please contact our office today. We would be happy to schedule a time for a crawl space specialist to come out and take a look at your space.