Tuesday, October 13th, 2015
Owning a home can be a part-time job in its self, but having an unhealthy crawl space below your home can cause more work for homeowners.
Below is a list of things to remember when owning a home with a crawl space:
- Don’t put a vapor barrier or rigid insulation board on the ceiling of your crawl space.
- Don’t close vents without sealing the earth in the crawl space.
- Don’t seal the earth without closing the crawl space vents.
- Never use a fan to blow outside air into your crawl space.
- Never use a fan to blow air out of your crawl space.
- Don’t install a liner or vapor barrier without removing the organic material such as wood, cardboard, insulation from the dirt floor first.
- Don’t depressurize a space that has combustion. Do not run your dryer vent into the crawl space.
- Don’t ignore problems!
To learn more about how to keep your crawl space healthy, please contact our office today. We would be happy to schedule a time for a crawl space specialist to come out and take a look at your space.