Monday, March 20th, 2017
The Tar Heel Basement Systems PolyRenewal System utilizes high-density polymers to stabilize and level concrete. With multiple formulations available, PolyRenewal is able to fit the needs of any job, large or small. PolyRenewal is a two-part urethane polymer that expands into rigid, structural foam to fill voids, stabilize and lift concrete, and offer solutions to a wide range of geotechnical and structural applications. Polyurethane has been used beneath slabs for decades, and it has proven to be a superior solution compared to traditional methods of grout injection and concrete replacement.
Advantages of PolyRenewal:
- Lightweight- PolyRenewal weighs approximately 4-6 pounds per cubic foot when installed, which is significantly less than the 120 pounds per cubic foot of typical filling material. This means there is almost no additional load added to supporting soils.
- High Capacity- Lifting action is a result of the expansion polymer, allowing for lift on much higher loads than typical mudjacking that relies on hydraulic pressure being contained under a slab.
- Accurate Lift- Calculated reaction time of the PolyRenewal foam allows for a targeted, precise lifting operation.
- Waterproof- PolyRenewal is fully waterproof so it cannot washout. In addition, because it cannot take on water, it is not impacted by freeze/thaw cycles. PolyRenewal can also be used to under-seal slabs and stop a variety of infrastructure leaks.
- Non-Invasive- The equipment used to install PolyRenewal can be used in extremely limited access areas, is far less messy than other methods, and can be installed more quickly.
- Cure Time- Quick cure time allows for immediate loading, even heavy traffic, within 15 minutes after injection.
- Compressive Strength- The in-place compressive strength of commercial grade PolyRenewal material is minimally 11,000 pounds per square foot, and often exceeds 15,000 pounds per square foot.
- Consolidates Soil- As PolyRenewal foam exerts the energy to lift a slab, it is placing an equal amount of pressure on the soil beneath the slab. This process not only fills the void and raises the slab, but also densifies the soil below.
- Environmentally Friendly- The solution does not degrade.
- Residential- sidewalks, pool decks, patios, driveways and carports.
- Municipal- Sidewalks, government buildings and park shelters.
- Industrial/Commercial- Warehouses, office buildings, grain bins and other heavy structures.
- Transportation- Roads, bridge approaches, airport runways and railway crossings.