Sagging floors are not only an annoyance, but they can leave homeowners wondering how much longer their floor system will be able to support the weight of everything on it! Happy homes demand real support. As the floors above your crawl space or basement begin to sag and feel soft or bouncy, the very foundation on which your family lives on becomes compromised. Nothing should stand in the way of that.
How do you know if your floors are bouncy, soft or unlevel?
- Sloping floors, sometimes creating a gap between the floor and interior walls.
- Cracks in interior walls and gaps around door frames, caused by a wall sinking along with the floor.
- Doors that stick or have been planed in order to close.
- Gaps between existing columns and girders in the crawl space.
- Shimming between existing columns and girders in your crawl space or basement (a sign of past settlement and repair attempts).
- Evidence of moisture, wood rot, and compression of the floor joists in your crawl space.
Finding a permanent solution that addresses the true cause of your foundation problem is the surest way for to provide your home with the support it needs and allows you to enjoy peace of mind.