Unsafe homes resulting from foundation settlement pose a danger to your family. Helical piers provide a dependable solution for stabilizing and repairing structural problems.
Tar Heel Basement Systems offers SettleStop™ Helical Pier installations for foundation repair, serving North Carolina. Our goal is to ensure customer satisfaction and prevent additional damage.
What Are Helical Piers?
Helical piers, also called helical piles or screw piles, transfer structural loads from unstable soil to bedrock or more stable strata. They provide permanent foundation stability and can lift settling foundation sections. Helical piers are steel shafts with helical plates that screw into the ground, providing excellent load-bearing capacity.
They are installed using hydraulic equipment and are an essential part of a comprehensive home repair strategy, along with basement repair, waterproofing, and crawl space encapsulation. This solution offers long-lasting support, ensuring your foundation remains stable for many years.
Signs You Need Helical Piers
Helical piers are a great solution if your home displays any of these common signs of foundation settlement:
It is important to promptly address any signs of foundation issues to prevent further deterioration and avoid higher costs in the future. Contact a reliable foundation repair specialist, such as Tar Heel Basement Systems, to mitigate additional damage.
Are Helical Piers Necessary?
If your home is experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, helical piers may be the solution you need. Foundation issues tend to worsen over time and can cause additional problems, such as mold growth, which can be expensive to fix. We recommend stabilizing your foundation with helical piers to protect your home and avoid costly repairs.
As experts in comprehensive solutions for your entire home, we thoroughly examine all issues related to foundation settlement and develop an integrated plan to repair the structure of your home and protect your investment.
While helical piers are a dependable option for foundation settlement, Tar Heel Basement Systems offers various foundation pier systems, including push piers and slab piers, which also provide substantial advantages. During a complimentary inspection, our experts assess your requirements and suggest the optimal solution for your foundation concerns.
What Are the Benefits of Helical Piers?
Our SettleStop™ Helical Pier System is well-known for its strength and durability. We customize each installation to fit the specific needs of your home, providing a range of advantages, including:
- Permanent Reinforcement: Our helical piers anchor securely to bedrock or denser soil beneath the surface, offering a long-term solution.
- Prevention of Additional Damage: Our helical piers immediately stabilize foundations, preventing further damage caused by settling.
- Potential for Foundation Restoration: Our helical piers may even raise your foundation back into its original position, restoring the structure of your home.
- Longevity: Our helical piers are built to last and come with a lifetime warranty.
- Expert Installation: Our certified team ensures high-quality installation, guaranteeing effectiveness.
- Comprehensive Home Solution: Our helical piers seamlessly integrate with our home repair strategy, providing a complete solution.
Choose Tar Heel Basement Systems for our exclusive solutions and expert services. Our helical piers offer advantages that generic products cannot match.
How We Install Helical Piers
SettleStop™ Helical Piers require expert installation. Here is how our team at Tar Heel Basement Systems performs the installation process:
- Site Assessment: We thoroughly inspect your property to identify any foundation issues and determine the optimal locations for pier installation.
- Exterior Excavation: We excavate the area to uncover the foundation footer.
- Drive Piers into Soil: Using hydraulic equipment, we drive the piers deep into the soil while closely monitoring torque.
- Secure Footing Bracket: We securely attach a steel bracket to the footing and cap the pier, causing the structure’s weight to shift onto the piers.
- Lift the Structure: If necessary, we use hydraulic lift equipment to raise sinking parts of the structure.
- Backfill and Benchmark: We restore any disturbed areas, remove debris, and place small rivets in exterior walls as benchmarks.
Tar Heel Basement Systems is the leading foundation repair expert in the region. You can trust us to assess and install helical piers to effectively stabilize your home.
Why Our Helical Piers Are the Best Choice for Your Home
SettleStop™ Helical Piers offer several benefits:
- Versatility: They can be used for new construction, repairs, and in challenging soil conditions.
- Speed: The installation process is quick and efficient with professional installation.
- Load-Bearing: The piers are strategically spaced to provide maximum load-bearing capacity and are particularly suitable for lighter structures.
- Eco-Friendly: The installation process minimizes disturbance to the surrounding landscape and requires limited excavation.
- Year-Round Use: The piers can be installed in any season, weather permitting.
Contact Tar Heel Basement Systems for Helical Piers Today!
Protect your home from foundation settlement damage by taking prompt action. The longer you wait, the more severe and costly the damage can be.
To schedule a free, no-obligation inspection and estimate, contact Tar Heel Basement Systems today. Our helical piers provide an effective solution for permanently stabilizing your foundation and potentially returning it to its original position. Homeowners trust our outstanding customer service and top-notch solutions.
The cost of helical piers depends on the size of the project and the number of piers required. Tar Heel Basement Systems offers competitive pricing and financing options, making the solution affordable for customers.
Yes, helical piers are versatile and can be used for different foundation types, including concrete slabs, crawl spaces, and basement foundations. Contact Tar Heel Basement Systems for a free inspection to determine if helical piers are suitable for your home.
Yes, helical piers can be used in various soil types, including sandy, clay, and rocky soils. They are effective in the silty and expansive clay-based soils commonly found in our region.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more solutions
3400 Walsh Pky, Suite 220
Fayetteville, NC 28311
611 Summit Ave, Suite 5
Greensboro, NC 27405
208 Millbrook Rd. Suite C
Raleigh, NC 27609
3333 Air Park Road
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
1209 Culbreth Dr., Ste 205
Wilmington, NC 28405
2910 Griffith Rd
Winston-Salem, NC 27103